It is SO easy for the press to write scandalous articles about BedBugs in a hotel room [or a AirBnB], but every once in a while a reporter goes the extra mile. There is always ONE reporter who will go above and beyond expectation to give travelers the “willies” or the “HeBee-JeBees”. LOL
Hello my tasty-human friends. I’m MrBedBug, Chief SpokesBug for FLfresh.com and EcoBugFREE, the BedBug Eliminator. I am a TV star on MrBedBug-TV on YouTube and Editor of the BedBug News Reports.com
Today’s nominee for the “Above/Beyond” award is Becky Pemberton of the UK Daily Mail. [these are same people who bring you the up-skirt pics of Princess Kate and reports of alien’s among us] Becky has discovered [and felt compelled to share with us] the SHOCKING NEWS, that hotel rooms might not be perfect. I don’t know about you, but I’m really surprised by the lack of “pride in their work”, from $8/hour labor staff. Here is a link to the full story about dirty rooms and Bedbugs in hotels by the UK Daily Mail
Lets review the “sins”, as reported……..
1) Your hotel room might have Bedbugs. It is so bad, there is a well-known list of the Top 50 Most BedBug Infested Cities. I must admit, the advice about opening your suitcase on the tile floor, not in the closet or bag-stand IS good advice. [You’ve read that advice here, since the 3rd post ever, @ BedBugNewsReports.com !!! ]
2) Pervs might look IN your door-peephole. ESPN Reporter Erin Andrews is the “poster-girl [no pun intended] for this situation, but again, shouldn’t the hotel notice a guy with a camera up to your door….. for hours at a time?
3) Humans do disgusting things in hotel rooms and leave germs behind. If you didn’t know this BEFORE reading the paper, you are probably the kind of person who doesn’t “get-out” very much.
4) Hotel “check-in” is tedious and slow. Why is this news.
5) What happens if someone dies in “your” room. I’d rather not know anything about this. I don’t know about you, but I’m more worried about the gross and disgusting things LIVE humans have left behind.
6) My favorite point of the article is: hotel staff members don’t care about YOU. [Not to be redundant, but is THIS News]. Hotel cleaning staff are minimum wage jobs. The kid at Burger-World doesn’t REALLY care whether you want “fries” with “that” either. Are you shocked or disappointed?
Look…. Here’s the real deal. It’s a hotel room [or an AirbNb] The best 5 star hotels probably have better “front of the house” service than a No-Tell Motel on an interstate exit, but a room is a room. People who travel A LOT, don’t expect much, so they aren’t disappointed. Yes, the room should be “clean”. Yes, you should expect NO BedBUGs in a hotel room. The reality is traveling has inherent dangers, to your health, your budget and your peace-of-mind, but don’t waste a lot of time stressing over a scandalous newspaper report.
If you want to learn HOW TO AVOID BEDBUGS, Get the facts. All the latest research [and Battle plans from the Bedbug Wars] is compiled at www.FLfresh.com Get effective “Tips and Tricks” on how to avoid a Bedbug infestation in the first place, and learn the options you have to clean a BedBug infestation in your home or apartment/condo and workplace. Separate FACT from FOLK-LORE and Myth at www.FLfresh.com , the national distributor of EcoBugFREE, the BedBug Eliminator . It is a non-toxic [kid-safe and pet-friendly] way to KILL BEDBUGS.